HOME / SOLUTIONS
ZenSnap Mobile Integration
Next-gen clinical communication and collaboration is at your fingertips
Outfit smartphones and tablets throughout your enterprise with an app for securely capturing images at the point of care. Unifier includes the option to deploy ZenSnap by WinguMD, a mobile medical photography and collaboration solution. Users can capture images, label and organize data, collaborate with colleagues and import data into the PACS. ZenSnap facilitates user management with single sign-on integration and includes HIPAA usage and compliance audit reporting.
Medical Grade Photo Management
Photos can be sized and contrast calibrated, accurately tracking a patient’s condition from day to day, empowering clinical work and academic research. Integrating with your organization’s imaging workflow, the resulting calibrated image data can be stored on PACS or VNA via DICOM, and on EHR media storage—fully associated with patient demographics and study information.
ZenSnap systems are designed to meet HIPAA and HITECH security requirements.Data are sandboxed and encrypted on devices at all times, transmitted over encrypted transport, processed on encrypted servers and stored on encrypted storage systems within HIPAA certified Microsoft Azure facilities located within the USA, or your choice of geographical regions. Access and change audit logs are available via the proven SQL access or accessible via our web-based admin console.
ZenSnap provides industry-leading integration capabilities with DICOM, FHIR, HL7, BOX — maintaining your clinical data integrity and promoting efficient workflow. Use optional MDMs such as MobileIron or Airwatch, and Microsoft Active Directory Single Sign-On (SSO) to facilitate user on/off boarding. Complex DICOM/HL7 routing scenarios with EPIC, Cerner and PACS IHE integrations are managed by Dicom Systems Unifier
Features of WinguMD-Unifier Integration
- Seamless integration–IntegrateWinguMD with your hospital’s IT systems using industry standard DICOM, HL7, FHIR plus BOX APIs
Encounter-based–Let the app naturally organize photos by patient encounters. Use the Smart Unified Search and search across different PACS and EHR systems from a single search field. Encounter Manager and Result Aggregator add-on services built on Dicom Systems Unifier
- Beyond photo capture–Use the smart document scanner mode to scan printed orders then use the smart search. Capture all the visual facts on the spot.
- Smart size recognizer–Convert any phone into a viable size measurement device instantly. Track Pre and Post Op healing processes.
- Better, secure team messaging–Prevent HIPAA Violating Texting or Emailing activities — immediately.
Intuitive workflow for capturing & collaborating on visible light imaging
Nicklaus Children’s is consistently recognized amongst the best children’s hospitals in the nation in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” edition and no other hospital in Florida has more ranked specialties as listed in the 2018-19 report. As a CHIME #1 “Most Wired” hospital in 2018, Nicklaus has the largest pediatric teaching program in the southeastern U.S. with a track record of leading healthcare IT. Nicklaus Children’s has more than 440,000 outpatient visits and performs 168,000 imaging studies each year.
NICKLAUS CHILDREN’S HEALTH
- Images captured with smartphones in some specialties were not being sent the enterprise archive so they were inaccessible to providers during future patient encounters – this made it hard to track the progression of some conditions
- Members of multidisciplinary care teams did not have reliable access to encounter-based imaging which hindered clinical collaboration
- EHR integration workflow for visible light imaging was not intuitive and required error-prone manual data entry
Solution Nicklaus Children’s adopted Unifier with integrated functionality from ZenSnap by WinguMD, a mobile medical photography and collaboration solution that allows users to capture images, label and organize data, collaborate with colleagues and import data into hospital systems.
“Nicklaus Children’s is excited about the communication tools and interdisciplinary collaboration provided by WinguMD. Prior to deploying the application, clinical photos were stored in multiple devices using numerous manual processes. Quality, continuity, security, and integration were our key drivers and intended outcomes. WinguMD is a single and seamless solution for clinical photos that answers the needs of our care teams.” –Elise Hermes, Chief Nursing Information Officer, Nicklaus Children’s Health System
- Created custom workflows for multidisciplinary specialists
- Phased rollout for specific pathologies
- Replaced SLR cameras with hospital-sanctioned mobile devices that auto-sync data
- Images captured at the point of care are automatically added to the EHR
- Clinicians now have faster, more intuitive viewing workflow for images captured at the point of care
- Multidisciplinary teams can more easily collaborate because everyone has straightforward access to all types of imaging through the EHR
- The organization can support BYOD via a compliant, secure and remote solution for enterprise-wide mobile device management
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Selects Dicom Systems, WinguMD for Enterprise Mobile Clinical Collaboration Platform
Comprehensive enterprise solution integrates clinical team collaboration, visible light imaging and EHR for improved pediatric patient outcomes.
Campbell, CA, November 19, 2018 – Dicom Systems, Inc. (www.dcmsys.com), a leader in Enterprise Imaging IT, and WinguMD, (www.wingumd.com) a clinical collaboration mobile app, have announced a joint deployment for Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami, Florida. Read full press release >