Unifier Enterprise Imaging Platform
Meet Unifier. One enterprise appliance to design smarter workflows, configure your ecosystem and accelerate collaboration across your enterprise imaging and healthcare network.
Unifier is a powerful, interoperable Enterprise Imaging platform that ensures health data is fully integrated and always accessible – resulting in better patient care and improved IT performance. Dicom Systems provides a versatile suite of Enterprise Imaging solutions that scale with your business. The platform enables teleradiology workflows, intelligent routing, SSL-based DICOM and HL7 integration tools, AI on-ramp, all the way to enterprise-class vendor-neutral archiving.
Enterprise Imaging has never been more simple and efficient. Unifier is a best-in-class Enterprise Imaging Workflow Engine that facilitates imaging workflow automation and ensures that caregivers have the most reliable and immediate access to patient data throughout the organization.
Why Choose Unifier for Enterprise Imaging?
At its core Unifier is vendor-neutral and standards-based. This enables seamless integration and communications between various health and imaging IT platforms.
Unifier is robust enough to enable and manage a variety of enterprise imaging workflows and can be throttled to manage as much image data as needed. A single router can process and route more than 6,000 studies in 30 minutes, which equates to 300K+ studies a day, or 1M+ studies a year.
Unifier is designed to grow with your organization. Start small and add resources or enable features as your needs change or as you take on more reading services. Implement Unifier to first solve your most pressing workflow challenges but know you have a solution in place to tackle future challenges as they are identified.
Unifier is lean, hardened and minimal. It performs all of its functions in RAM, a substantial performance advantage. The majority of tag-morphing, DICOM and HL7 transformations and other imaging workflow-related changes happen in memory, in flight. Unifier utilizes short-term storage for actual image data. This distinctive element makes the platform highly dependent on I/O capacity. The faster disk speed available to the Unifier, the better the platform performs.
Unifier is a Linux-based appliance that allows for secure and rapid updates. It has flexible deployment options—on-premise, private cloud, hybrid cloud, and leading public cloud providers.
Dicom Systems is always ahead of developments in imaging informatics and in incorporates the latest advances into the Unifier platform. New standards are reviewed and implemented as part of the development cycle keeping Unifier customers on the cutting edge but still grounded in the appropriate standards.
Features for Enterprise Imaging and Radiology
- Advanced customizable HL7 & DICOM routing with OR/AND logical functionality
- Route by any standard or private DICOM tag, route by date, time, and ability to cache data for later delivery
- Route using any HL7 field or a group of fields as routing triggers
- Custom TCP and all industry standard compression such as (JPEG-LS, JPEG2000 and others) for fast study exchange
- Modality Worklist DICOM & HL7 broker, and Interface Engine
- DICOM and HL7 message transformation/ morphing and Radiology HL7 interface engine for integration with multiple PACS and imaging vendors
- DICOM PACS proxy
- TLS encryption for secure transmission of DICOM and HL7 traffic for HIPAA compliance
- Powerful enterprise-wide configuration management
- Powerful logging & auditing for HIPAA User-friendly WebGUI configuration tools & setup wizard
- Advanced custom algorithm to pull relevant priors across multiple, different IDNS
- Backup enterprise-wide configurations and settings SNMP-based monitoring and remote management API to any SNMP-based monitoring and report system
- Designed to work with any DICOM-conformant viewer
- Incomplete study delivery check to insure full study transfer import and export routing tables DICOM
- Modification and QC workstation capability
Improving Interoperability Across Enterprise Imaging
Renowned provider Stanford Health Care is on the cutting edge of technology innovation while managing 400+ modalities and 20-50 TB of transient data per month.
- Reliance on modalities for data routing created bottlenecks in some image transfer workflows
- An abundance of custom and point-to-point connections between modalities and various downstream systems was cumbersome to manage and introduced risk
- Performing data migrations between various systems could cause disruption to clinical workflow
Adopted Unifier for its image routing, modality worklist, tag morphing, QR proxy/pulling priors, HL7 integration and archive capabilities.
Deployed multiple Unifier VMs for a centralized approach to tag morphing, ensuring data flows efficiently to any archive or downstream systems without manual intervention. Unifier also enabled intelligent workflow options for load balancing and provided an enterprise archive that supported data migrations.
“Without DICOM systems we would need an “army of vendor support and analysts” to address tag morphing needs.” – Trevor Walker, Solutions Architect
- Can now support multiple, long-term data migrations without disruption to patient care processes
- Enabled a high level of resilience within its imaging infrastructure to help overcome single points of failure
- Eliminated manual steps and the need to engage multiple vendors to support a highly diverse network of modalities, systems, and devices ensuring that imaging data is sent and received and, ultimately, archived correctly
- Provided an enterprise-grade DMWL
Accelerate Enterprise Imaging With Powerful Integration and Customized Workflows
Advantages of Dicom Systems Unifier
- Best price-to-performance technology trusted by top healthcare enterprises, government agencies, and imaging partners
- Vendor-neutral, IHE compliant framework for seamless integration
- Configurable, lite Linux-based appliance allows for secure, instant updates
- Scales horizontally where multiple units can cluster
- Guaranteed encryption of all outgoing traffic
- Flexible deployment options—on-premise, private cloud, hybrid cloud, and leading cloud providers