DICOMGuard – DCMSYS DICOM Tagging Technology for Security of the Patient Data
DICOMGuard* is Dicom Systems’ proprietary, patent-pending data tagging technology which allows healthcare enterprises to have full control over security of their patient data.
DICOMGuard allows healthcare organizations to protect the privacy of the patients by removing all personal identifiers, such as name, date of birth, social security number so that only the owners of the original data and/or legally empowered entities can re-identify the patient. These additional security measures are especially important if organizations are storing their de-identified patient data off-site. In the event of the security breach there is no risk that the individual will be identified.
- Improves archiving speed and security between multiple geographic locations.
- Allows to achieve maximum security, besides the standard encryption in transit.
- Does not require additional security on the remote VNA site. De-identified data removes all patient identifiers to guarantee privacy.
- Allows for quick re-identification of the data on demand to restore the data to its original state.
- Lowers the costs with de-duplication compression and custom storage rules to reduce total footprint.
- Reduces the cost of the VNA by solving the data structure, compression and security issues on the client site.
- Zero downtime integration. With a simple setup the implementation is quick, no changes to existing procedure or applications are required.
The product is currently in Beta testing and will be released for general availability later this year.