The Director of Marketing is a critical leadership role with a hybrid report into the EVP and the President of Dicom Systems. The Director of Marketing is responsible for marketing functions across the Dicom Systems product portfolio. In your role your primary responsibilities will include managing and driving the company brand, creative, digital and social marketing, tradeshow management and logistics, and our annual Users Conference event DICOMicon.
In your role, you will interact heavily with senior and executive leadership team members and engage in a broad range of strategic development activities, including the positioning of Dicom Systems and our products in the marketplace. In partnership with Sales, you support the achievement of Dicom Systems’ sales objectives. You will consult with senior management, including the sales function to develop and implement brand strategy, promotion plans and strategies. This leader will oversee the preparation of sales aids and other materials to support sales and overall awareness of the organization’s products and services.
The Director of Marketing must be a self-starter, committed to delivering in a highly fluid, entrepreneurial startup environment. Work independently in the resolution of business challenges and issues originating from marketing operations and initiatives. A team player who is able to influence without authority, gain consensus and act independently within a distributed, fast-paced environment. Perform consistently and dependably with minimal supervision and to provide his/her own guidance and motivation for day-to-day marketing operations and activities. Build and manage an annual marketing budget in collaboration with Senior Management, providing a level of detail and documentation in order to accurately prescribe profit/loss activity.
- Accountable for the creation of a connected brand to increase business impact, drive revenue growth and build reputation.
- Build Dicom Systems’ reputation as a driver of progress in Enterprise Imaging, while mitigating reputational risk.
- Lead the alignment and prioritization of marketing investment, performance and process, including the development of world-class campaigns, marketing capabilities and experiences.
- Lead the Dicom Systems digital experience
- Partner with sales leadership to drive the marketing planning, processes, measurement and analytics supporting annual business and brand plans.
- Lead comprehensive cross-functional go-to-market activities for new product launches interprets and translates clinical, competitive, customer need and market trend data into commercial applications.
- Drive the creation and management of all brand identity and related positioning and messaging to help inform the creative process.
- Operate lean, laser-focused and with velocity
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, transparency, accountability, and scalability
- Be protective of management’s time. Be discriminating and block out the noise in favor of maximizing key ROI streams
- Adopt a “better done than perfect” world-view—impact can be subtle and cumulative
- Pursue mastery of high-conversion opportunities/low-hanging fruit first: namely, customer referrals and proven methodology
- Consider that mastery is aspirational and a moving target, i.e. “don’t get too comfortable”
- In line with company’s value proposition, future-proof the marketing strategy, ensuring it is modular, best-in-class and fulfills on basic promise
The Director of Marketing will directly oversee the development and deployment of marketing materials, tools, campaigns, and oversee the public relations and creative functions for the company. This includes:
- Develop and ensure strong alignment and, upon approval, strong execution of product positioning, branding and messaging while maintaining a high standard of quality and compliance for Dicom Systems suite of solutions
- Build and manage an annual marketing budget reviewed and approved by Management, providing a level of detail and documentation in order to accurately prescribe profit/loss activity. Break down by event, digital, PR campaign, print advertising, creative services and corporate deliverables and promotional items.
- Understand the regulatory environment and comply with all ethical, legal and regulatory requirements, including without limitation those of FDA, HIPAA, and Class-1 medical devices, and ensure strategies and materials for promotion and marketing are only for approved indications of the company’s products.
- Manage the full marketing mix, driving innovative campaigns and marketing initiatives for prospects and customers that generate profitable revenue growth and competitive differentiation.
- Develop lead nurturing programs via content marketing and social selling for the different stages of the buying process to move leads/customers with up-sell/cross-sell potential through the funnel—creation of customer case studies, videos, breaking news reports, white papers, etc.
- Execute all phases of digital marketing, including email marketing, SEO, and social media marketing.
- Oversee the maintenance and continual development of company website, www.dcmsys.com
- Supervise events marketing activities within the overall context of marketing management; until further notice, events marketing will continue to be managed by a consultant to Dicom Systems, who will coordinate activities with the Director of Marketing to ensure cohesive execution.
- Represent Dicom Systems at trade shows, conferences, meetings, and industry meetings.
Brand Promotion & Reputation Management
- Goal: Maximize Dicom Systems brand value and market position
- Create, implement and oversee annual and quarterly marketing plans that drive awareness of the
Dicom Systems brand to customers, prospects and industry peers
- Pitch Leadership for speaking engagements at industry events, conferences, Health IT and imaging associations
- Provide customers and innovation partners with turnkey toolkit to market themselves and Dicom Systems
- Launch LinkedIn strategy: increase followers, increase connections, regular Pulse articles
- Manage and improve Net Provider Score across KLAS, analyst, social media, consumer and comparison sites
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Goal: Transform company website into an effective platform to convert leads, retain customers and manage corporate brand.
- Partner with digital agency to audit website performance, re-evaluate objectives and change scope-of-work
- Assess high performing and underperforming pages and visitor data as determined by reviewing historical data, journey of last 100 conversions, performing testing (landing pages vs pop up, choosing framework), content evaluation and UI/UX design
- Calibrate existing tools (Google Analytics) and procure new ones (enterprise marketing platforms like HubSpot, heatmap, MailChimp, SEMrush) to improve website performance monitoring
- Workflow funnel: Segment by personas (leads, customers, OEM partners, media) and develop site/content around customer journey
- Drive website traffic by optimizing existing campaigns (PPC, backlinks, ads, social sites) and launch new streams (inbound content marketing with purchased lists)
- Refresh branding, visual aesthetics, messaging hierarchy, and overall sitemap
Customer Satisfaction and Retention Program
- Goal: Develop and execute on a brand loyalty plan in order to retain customers, improve engagement, increase referrals, and deliver consistent satisfaction with the Dicom Systems service and solutions
- Develop touchpoints for customer care and retention:
- Welcome package to onboard customers
- Monthly communication featuring highly customized content (overview of their data) paired with valuable industry news and cross-selling promotions
- Learning webinars to develop super-users, advance knowledge and nurture brand champions
- Develop customer segmentation to align service-level with marketing resources (i.e. VIPs/Most Favored Nation, steady eddies, and newbies/first 12-months). Implement a sustainable, compliant customer incentive system.
- Plan and produce an Annual User Conference, develop program, activities, and CEU credits
Event and Trade Show Management
- The Director of Marketing will coordinate trade show/event activities in collaboration with a consultant to Dicom Systems whose focus is trade show coordination for Dicom Systems.
- Research and plan annual event calendar, manage registration, budget and execution
- Event preparation, production, management and (e.g. RSNA, HIMSS, SIIM): booth design, programming, pre-conference press, securing speaking engagement (via white paper or Customer case study), generating demo appointments and booth traffic, booking meetings with key customers, analysts (KLAS and others), create post-trade show lead follow-up
- Deep knowledge of direct and channel marketing
- Demonstrated brand strategist (Evangelist) with measurable impact on brand identity and awareness.
- Experience in transforming a marketing function in a highly technical, IT-focused space.
- Knowledge of/relationships with KOLs in the Enterprise Imaging space a plus.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- 10+ years of applicable marketing leadership experience in a high-growth, dynamic business environment
- Advanced marketing degree highly desired
- Broad knowledge of all areas within corporate marketing: channel, digital, brand, user experience
- Strong technical knowledge of marketing derived from experience in non-management and middle management roles throughout career
- Enterprise Medical Imaging and/or strong IT/Networking/Cloud industry experience a plus and preferred
- The successful candidate will have deep experience in building and expanding brands, driving growth, and the creative ability to deliver new ideas into actionable and effective marketing and brand strategies
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org