DCMSYS Enterprise Imaging Unifier
The DCMSYS Enterprise Imaging Unifier network appliance (formerly DCMSYS DICOM router and HL7 router) is a best-in-class device that facilitates the connection of information repositories via a DICOM/HL7/Scripting toolkit that can be administered remotely using a standard web browser. Studies, reports, orders, or any other patient data anywhere in the Enterprise are pulled and pushed automatically upon a set of user-defined criteria. The Unifier appliance then communicates between the various vendor RIS/HIS/EMR/EHR/PACS to retrieve and send the studies.
The DCMSYS Enterprise Imaging Unifier simplifies Radiology workflows across disparate healthcare enterprises. DCMSYS' web-based architecture creates a virtual distributed radiology enterprise between various medical facilities and ensures that patients have reliable and immediate access to diagnosticians and treatment expertise across the Enterprise regardless of their physical location. Our unique DCMSYS proxy solution provides a seamless, secure way to communicate with any DICOM and HL7-conformant device.
The DCMSYS Unifier appliance is a highly configurable Linux-bases DICOM router that supports DICOM 3.0 standard TLS encryption. It utilizes the latest technology, to enhance standard protocols, such as SNPM, DICOM and HL7. DCMSYS is designed as a horizontally scalable solution where multiple units create the DICOM Q/R Application cluster, managed via SNMPv3 protocol. It uses a set of custom algorithms to pull relevant priors across multiple facilities. This unique device provides Enterprise-level connectivity for remote sites, and it's remote support feature makes every DCMSYS Unifier appliance easy to maintain. The DCMSYS Enterprise Imaging Unifier is guaranteed to encrypt all outgoing traffic, and provide a robust enterprise-class solution for your DICOM Network.
Robust Integration Tool: DCMSYS Enterprise Imaging Unifier can communicate with a wide array of diverse medical systems. It acts as a buffer layer between your PACS, RIS or EMR and remote PACS or other radiology devices to help transform and manipulate DICOM tags or HL7 fields that have "quirks" on the fly.
- Interoperability between heterogeneous PACS, HIS/RIS and any DICOM-enabled devices. HL7 broker capability.
- HL7 routing capability using any HL7 filed or group of fields as a routing trigger.
- HL7 modification and Radiology HL7 interface Engine for integration with multiple vendors.
- HL7 event broker - unique tool for seamless integration.
- 1024-bit encryption for secure transmission of DICOM over WAN HIPAA compliance.
- Built-in firewall.
- JPEG 2000 compression.
- Route by any DICOM tag, standard or private.
- Route by SCP AE, route by credentials and institution.
- Advance customizable HL7 & DICOM routing with OR and AND functionality. Import and export routing tables.
- DICOM Modification capability and qc workstation capability.
- Designed to work with any DICOM-compatible viewer.
- Schedulable route destinations by date, time, and catching data for later delivery
- Designed to work with any DICOM.
- Incomplete study delivery check to insure full study transfer
- Easy-to-use configuration web GUI and setup wizard
- Remote Management (SNMP) and web GUI.
- SNMP base monitoring capability and API to any snmp base monitoring solutions.
- User/Group Management.
- Powerful logging capabilities.
- Scalability and redundancy by using multiple DCMSYS routers (DCMSYS Cluster).
- Certificate management, import/export including PKI support.
Interoperability between other DICOM and HL7 devices: DCMSYS DICOM router enables medical facilities to share images quickly and securely by providing the bridge between PACS and information systems. DICOM router eliminates the need for a VPN tunnel and requires far less bandwidth and maintenance. DICOM over TLS encryption ensures that you data remains secure during the transmission.
Speed: DCMSYS DICOM router and HL7 router has been built to compress acquired data using industry standard JPEG compression. DCMSYS introduces DCMSYS Smart bandwidth optimizer which optimizes DICOM send base on the current bandwidth. Due to the solid state and efficient custom database design DCMSYS provides both a robust and fast routing solution.
Quality control and repair DICOM: DCMSYS WebGUI allows the user to manually modify DICOM fields before resending to PACS. With HL7 module and advanced options DCMSYS can integrate with a DICOM Modality Worklist to perform QC on demographic data prior to being sent to PACS. The DMWL tags not recognized by the modality. In addition, the DCMSYS QC module allows the user to split and merge studies, series by body part, echo time or delete images.
Flexibility: DCMSYS Power DICOM router gives you the flexibility to send data utilizing any compression, encryption, or both.
Management and administration: DCMSYS has a web-based GUI that is easy to use and configure. Any DCMSYS device can manage other DCMSYS units. SNMP v.3 provides secure standard management technology for all the devices. SNMP MIB is being used to establish communication.
Statistic module: DCMSYS statistics module is based on SNMP v3 protocol. Any SNMP friendly product is able to process statistical data from any DCMSYS device.